Part-time Soap Maker
**As a company, we take health and wellness very seriously, especially during COVID-19. All associates are required to wear a mask at all times and follow our hygiene guidelines, no exceptions.
Who we are looking for: An enthusiastic candidate with excellent attention to detail and stellar communication skills who can jump right into a busy and ever-changing work environment.
* Producing high quality soaps (this includes working with lye/sodium hydroxide - training and safety gear provided)
* Adhering to good manufacturing practices
* Pouring products with accuracy
* Keeping up with production demands and productivity targets
* Follow instructions and recipes
*Adhere to safety procedures and protocol
* Preparing tanks – filling and maintenance
* Setting up molds
* Stocking ingredients and supplies
* Following daily inventory procedures
* Cutting, moving, organizing and storing soap
* Inventorying ingredients and supplies
*Sweeping and mopping
*Cleaning and organizing
*Taking out trash and recycling
We are a small business, so we ask our team members to be willing to pitch in as needed in other areas
The ideal candidate will:
-Have soapmaking or restaurant/kitchen/bakery experience
-Have knowledge of and enthusiasm for natural body products
-Have excellent attention to detail
-Have experience keeping an extremely clean and organized workspace
-Be content performing repetitive tasks
-Be able to lift at least 50 lbs
-Be comfortable working with lye/sodium hydroxide (training and safety gear provided)
-Be adaptable in an ever-changing work environment
Be available to start at the mid to end of May
About the job:
-Starting pay is $12/hour for no previous soap experience
-Position will require 15-20 hours a week on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with the opportunity to pick up more hours during the holidays
-This is a busy job. There's rarely any downtime.
-This is an active and physically demanding job. You will spend most of your time standing or moving around. You must be able to lift 50 lb buckets of oils.
-Job location is Avondale Estates, GA.
-All candidates must have reliable transportation.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
1. Write us an email letting us know why you think you would be a good fit for the job plus any relevant experience you may have. Retail or restaurant experience is a plus, as is any experience in the natural bodycare industry.
2. Include your job history from the last 3 years either in the body of the email or as an attachment. ALL ATTACHMENTS MUST BE SENT AS PDFS. Resumes are great, but not necessary.
3. Email Emilie: email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP INS PLEASE!!!!