Lean back on your toadstool and enjoy a drop or three of this delicious chocolate-infused medicinal mushroom elixir. With the heart opening and mood lifting qualities of cacao and the restorative support of chaga and reishi mushrooms, you'll be blissed out and praising this wondrous life in a matter of minutes. Let your joy sporulate!*
Reishi mushroom offers us a subtle yet powerful opportunity to alter our consciousness. By shifting our nervous systems into a quieter rhythm, reishi invites us to notice aspects of the living world and of ourselves that may have gone unnoticed.
Chaga mushroom contains extremely high levels of antioxidants (1300x higher than blueberries!) that protect our bodies from oxidative stress. Its high levels of melanin also feed our pineal glands and help regulate circadian rhythm.
Chaga is currently being over-harvested in the wild. To protect this important medicine we must protect our mature forests and educate ourselves about responsible wildcrafting. What does this mean at Forest Folk?
1. They limit their annual chaga use and harvest to 5 lbs or less. If they sell out, they sell out.
2. When wildcrafting, they always leave behind at least 25% of a chaga conk to allow for regrowth.
3. They make medicine for you, then use the "leftover" chaga grounds up to 10 times in their home kitchen for personal use.
4. There is no guarantee that they will continue to formulate with chaga. They evaluate this decision every year.
5. They place great value on our forests, working to protect them locally and supporting those acting on a more global scale.
For more reading on walking in reciprocity with the forest, you can find Ali's essay on mushroom foraging for the Alchemist's Kitchen here.
Ingredients: responsibly wildcrafted Chaga (Inonotus obliquus), responsibly wildcrafted Hemlock Reishi mushroom (Ganoderma tsugae), organic Reishi mushroom (Ganoderma lucidum), organic Cacao, raw honey, certified non-gmo cane spirits, wild spring water
To Use: Enjoy 1-2 dropperfuls as a heart-opening ritual. We thank the spirits of cacao, reishi, and chaga for the potency of this formula.
2 oz / 60 mL
Forest Folk Fungi's mushrooms are prepared using a proprietary triple extraction process.
All of their offerings are made in cooperation with foraged and organically grown fungi and plants. They wildcraft with deep respect for their fungal friends in the mountains of southern Appalachia. They hope you feel this integrity of spirit in each drop!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product does not intend to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease. For those who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or on any medications, please consult with a qualified health professional before beginning any new herbal products.