Part-time Retail Associate AVONDALE
PART-TIME RETAIL ASSOCIATE
Who we are looking for: A kind, enthusiastic and outgoing people person with excellent attention to detail and stellar communication skills who can jump right into a busy and ever-changing work environment. We are specifically looking for a candidate with at least 2 years of boutique retail experience and in-depth knowledge of medicinal herbs.
A bit about our store: Mama Bath + Body is a 1300+ square foot store full of good smells and great vibes. It is a wonderful place to work and shop and we offer a kinder Front of House experience than a lot of jobs have been able to over the past 2 years. Our customers are courteous and curious and there’s a lot of company support in dealing with any customer service issues that arise, which are generally few and far between.
- Working retail store
- Developing in-depth knowledge of product line and ingredients
- Helping and educating customers
- Restocking shelves
- Keeping everything tidy
- Packaging and labeling products
- Printing and cutting paper and labels on a paper cutter
- Wrapping a lot of soap
- Developing in-depth knowledge of medicinal herbs and teas
- Preparing hot teas and beverages to go and running tea back bar
- Assisting management in checking in orders
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 2 years of retail store and/or customer service experience
- Have knowledge of and enthusiasm for natural body products as well as a working knowledge of medicinal herbs and teas
- Have reliable transportation
- Have an outgoing personality
- Be comfortable talking with and helping customers
- Be able to master product information
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be organized and orderly
- Be adaptable in an ever-changing work environment
- Have basic computer skills (Mac preferred)
About the job:
- The rate is $12/hour, but we are in the process of expanding our herbal to-go-beverages bar, which we are hoping will result in additional tip income. Additional perks include monthly free product allowance and a generous employee discount.
- This is a part-time position offering 15-20 hours (2 to 3 shifts) per week. Must be available on weekends.
- This is a busy job. There's rarely any downtime.
- This is an active job. You will spend most of your time standing or moving around.
- Must be available to work during the shop hours: Tuesday - Saturday: 10-6 and Sunday: 10-4 (current store hours are until 5 but we will be expanding back to 6pm in the spring)
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
1. Write us an email letting us know why you think you would be a good fit for the job plus any relevant experience you may have. Retail or restaurant experience is a plus, as is any experience in the natural bodycare or herb industry.
2. Include your job history from the last 3+ years either in the body of the email or as an attachment. ALL ATTACHMENTS MUST BE SENT AS PDFS.
3. Email Madalyn: firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP INS PLEASE!!!!